This AMAZing little supper-time show stopper knows exactly how to catch my family’s attention. Full of oohey gooey cheese and tender rotisserie chicken, my guys stand at the counter waiting for their plate.
It takes only a few ingredients and a few minutes cooking time to totally produce a winning meal. It is a number one must have at our house now and I’m completely on board with it.
Tools you’ll need are: small frying pan and spatula. Ingredients are but not limited to: burrito size flour tortillas, diced rotisserie chicken, shredded cheese, real butter and sour cream.
And paper towels 🙂
Don’t forget diced chilis or jalapeños, I’m the only one at my house that likes them so I hold them back for my plate. You could get super creative with onions and peppers too.
Now, let me stop you right here and tell you the secret to this whole thing is the chicken. You’ve got to use rotisserie cooked chicken. It helps if you’re able to find traditional flavor because Italian might make your quesadillas taste more Mama Mia instead of Ole.
So, here’s what I do….
*Heat up the pan on a medium setting first, with nothing in it. Nothing! When it’s been heating for a few minutes add half a tablespoon of real butter. All you have is margarine, ok, I’ll just pretend I don’t know about it. Use what you have and throw it in the frying pan.
*Lay your flour tortilla into the pan and twirl it around a couple of times to ensure the butter has coated the bottom of your tortilla. I use my fingertips but I’ll advise you to use a fork or your spatula.
*Next up is about a half cup of shredded cheese sprinkled all over your tortilla while it’s still in the pan. I have been using sharp but you make yours with your favorite kind. I’ve even seen a Mexican blend which is really good.
My husband wanted me to tell you half a cup of cheese isn’t enough but just eye-ball it ok!
*Place a an eighth of a cup of diced rotisserie chicken on one side of the cheesed-up tortilla. Let it continue to sauté for another minute or so and test the doneness by lifting up one side.
*If it’s crispy, it’s time to fold it over and remove from the pan with your spatula. Lay it on a paper towel to remove any excess butter-grease. I let mine sit for at least 5 minutes before serving it to my toddler. That cheese gets hot!
*Garnish with your favorite fixings. We only use sour cream with ours. My hubs eats at least 2 and my toddler eats a whole one.
I cannot even begin to tell how much we love this recipe. My family begs for it and I’m thinking this is too easy, but ok, we’ll have Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas for the third night in a row:)
- 1-1/2 c diced rotisserie chicken, traditional flavor
- 1-1/2 c shredded cheese
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- garnishes may include jalapeños, onions or other spices
- Heat your smallest frying pan on medium/high
- Add 1/2 tbsp of butter and let melt (butter burns fast so keep an eye on it)
- Lay 1 flour tortilla into pan and twirl it around to coat it with the melted butter
- Sprinkle with 1/4 - 1/2 c cheese
- Top one side of cheesy tortilla with a 1/8 c diced rotisserie chicken
- Let this sauté for a minute or so and check underside for crispiness
- Fold tortilla over while it's still in the pan and press down so cheese will melt it together
- Using a spatula, lay on a paper towel to blot off any excess butter grease
- Garnish with sour cream and your other favorite trimmings
- Serve warm