I’m a lazy chef. OK, not a chef. I prepare my family’s meals. As much as I’d love to hang out in the kitchen all evening, I have a toddler that needs me to play cars with him (And that’s way more fun)! So how do I get supper on the table fast? Asian stir fry! It’s super delicious and healthy. Bonus points 🙂
Alright, to get this supper started and cooked fast, I use frozen veggies & rotisserie chicken and/ or sausage. Thin-sliced pork boneless chops cook quick too. The secret sauce that makes this dish Asian is Lawry’s Sesame Ginger Marinade.
*It is our Go-To absolute favorite recipe for Asian stir fry.
We use Jasmine Rice and cook it on the stove top according to the directions which is about 15 minutes. Use whatever rice you have on hand or use spaghetti noodles. It’ll be ok!
Get out your largest frying pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add your frozen veggies, salt & pepper and cover. Make sure the heat is about medium. Stir every few minutes.
Add your meat (that’s already cooked) to your veggies. Give it another shake of your favorite seasonings and then pour on the Lawry’s Marinade. I use about 3/4 cup to a whole cup.
Let it simmer about 3 more minutes on low and then remove from heat. Check the doneness of your rice before spooning some into a bowl. Top this with your veggie mixture.
This little recipe cooks up so fast and if you use rotisserie chicken or sausage, you can have supper on the table in under 30 minutes.
Asian Inspired Stir Fry Made the Easy Way
- 1 cup rice (jasmine works great)
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen stir fry style veggies
- 1 cup cooked chicken or pork
- 3/4 cup Lawry's Marinade
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the rice and water to boil (15 minutes), checking periodically.
- Heat up a large frying pan, add the oil.
- Pour the veggies in the hot pan, season with salt and pepper
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Check your rice...turn heat to lowest setting
- Add the 1 cup of cooked meat to your veggies, season again if needed.
- Stir and cover, letting it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the 3/4 cup of Lawry's Marinade, stir and cover for 2 minutes.
- Check for doneness and turn off the heat.
- With a large spoon, place one scoop of rice into a bowl and one scoop of veggie/meat on top.
- Use additional seasoning or marinade as needed